Picture and Video Tutorial for the Armattan Hexacopter TILT DIY Kit by Rob2160
Armattan Hexacopter - See Video #1 for kit overview
1. Locate upper and lower clean plate – note orientation of the Armattan “A”
2. Frame stiffeners
3. Frame stiffener orientation
4. I installed the bobbins to the lower dirty plate here – again note orientation of the letter “A”
5. Frame stiffeners in position
6. Location of frame spacers
7. Position of arms – note 3 different lengths and orientation of the motor holes is important for correct alignment of motor wires.
8. Items 10 & 11 – arm mounting bolts and thumb screws
9. Arms mounted using Thumb screws and bolts
10. The next five photographs show the clean plate assembled with GoPro mount installed – I assembled them separately at this stage for clarity in the photos.
After this I had to disassemble the clean frame to mount the parts to the dirty frame
11. Top clean plate attached to bobbins
12. Position of GoPro mount on frame
13. Rubber bumpers for securing GoPro
14. Leg mounting – Item 25
15. Prop adapter – bolt on
16. Select this prop spacer – required for Green props only
17. ESC Wiring – you require 3 x clockwise rotation and 3 x counter clockwise rotation.
Connecting the motors wires directly to the ESC in the same orientation gives counter clockwise rotation
Taking the centre motor wire and crossing it to the outer tab on the ESC will result in clockwise motor rotation – check this before final soldering and mounting on the frame
SEE Video # 2 & Video
18. See video Video #4 and Video #5 for correct position of motors and propeller rotation
19. Positioning of rubber bumpers for GoPro – note 25 mm standoffs for GoPro 3, 3+ and 4
20. Hex finished and ready for RC Set up – remove Props first before connecting to Baseflight.
Naze / Mullet ESC motor positions / PPM input
My Baseflight Settings – See also video #6